Welcome to the Distance Education Network (DEN@Viterbi)
The Distance Education Network (DEN@Viterbi) enables students to advance their education with an innovative online delivery method. In addition to over 40 Master's degree programs, Graduate Certificates and Professional (non-credit) courses are also available. Though on-campus attendance is not required to earn the degree, students can also choose to come to campus to attend courses and interact with other classmates on campus and off campus through DEN's unique blended delivery systems.
Master's Degrees and Graduate Certificates
The Distance Education Network provides academic, administrative, and technical support for professional engineers to gain the same high quality degree from USC, completely online. Join a network of professional students from around the globe currently pursuing their Master's degree via DEN@Viterbi.
- Master of Science and Graduate Certificate Programs available via DEN@Viterbi
- Getting Started
- Register for an Information Session
Engineering Your Future
Professional Programs offers continuing education programs for non-degree seeking professionals. Through the DEN@Viterbi, many Professional Programs offerings are available live and/or on demand.
- Courses on Demand utilize previous graduate level engineering courses captured on DEN and are now available for non-academic credit (CEU's are available).
- Short Courses are available to both in-person and online participants. DEN provides online participants the opportunity to virtually interact with the instructor and fellow students.
- Custom Courses and Conferences/Seminars can be captured online for future use or to allow your organization's members/employees the ability to participate from a distance.
Dedicated Facilities and Staff
DEN operates unique studio classrooms to support on-campus and online students in a blended learning environment. Course lectures are delivered both synchronously and asynchronously through DEN's custom e-learning environment and provide real time interactivity. Visit this section to learn more about how DEN works and how we support your online education.
Support for Faculty and Instructors teaching online
Instructional support provides live and online trainings/orientations as well as remote student support for homework and exams. If you are teaching a course with an online component through DEN, please visit this section to find out more information about teaching online and support resources.
Information about technical requirements, software, and support can be found in this section.