REACH Graduate Engineering Preview
April 7-8, 2016
USC Campus, Los Angeles
We are no longer accepting applications for REACH 2016
REACH 2015 Agenda (2016 Agenda will be posted when available)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
REACH is a graduate engineering preview program that takes place at USC’s University Park Campus near downtown Los Angeles. Round-trip transportation, lodging and meals for REACH participants will be paid for by the USC Viterbi School. Attendees who later apply to the USC Viterbi School of Engineering for graduate study will also have their $85 application fee waived.
In fulfilling our mission, the Viterbi School actively seeks engineering achievers from all backgrounds into its graduate degree programs, particularly students historically under-represented in the field of engineering, including African-American, Latinos, Native Americans, and women. Through REACH, under-represented engineering achievers get firsthand exposure to exciting research opportunities, world-class faculty, rich academic programs, and stellar student services and mentoring resources.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
- learn about Viterbi School engineering Master's and doctoral programs of study
- gain insight on the graduate application, admission and fellowship processes at USC
- interact with current graduate students, faculty, and staff in the Viterbi School
- find out about summer research opportunities in the Viterbi School
- benefit from special presentations and workshops by faculty and staff
- participate in tours of the USC campus, research labs, and departmental facilities
- experience USC campus life and explore the greater Los Angeles area
HOW TO APPLY
- Strong academic background in undergraduate studies with recommended 3.0 GPA
- Sophomores or juniors majoring in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or physical sciences (biology, chemistry, physics)
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or a citizen of Canada
- Applications are particularly encouraged from students who are female and/or are Black/African Americans, Latino/Chicano Americans, Native Americans, and Pacific Islanders.
- Online REACH application form, including a 1-page statement of intent
- University-issued academic transcript
- Current CV or résumé
Deadline to apply is February 24, 2016
DIVERSITY AT THE VITERBI SCHOOL
The University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering takes pride as a preeminent engineering institution in sharing the responsibility of producing high-quality and diverse graduates fully reflective of our pluralistic society to fulfill the 21st century technical workforce needs of this country and the global community at large. Through our world-class faculty, rich academic programs, and stellar student services and mentoring resources, we are committed to attracting, retaining, training, graduating and placing outstanding men and women students from all backgrounds and demographic sectors of our multi-cultural, diverse world. Engineering professionals that are life-long learners and equipped with a diversified skill set are best suited to discover, integrate, and adapt to new knowledge and experiences dynamically and effectively as the technology, culture, and needs of the global society continue to evolve. The Viterbi School strives to be a national and international leader in their quest.