Course Quick Facts:
Date/Course # (15 day program):
Week 1: January 26-30, 2015 from 9:00am - 5:00pm
Week 2: March 2-6, 2015 from 9:00am - 5:00pm
Week 3: April 6-10, 2015 from 9:00am - 5:00pm
$7,245 - On Campus
$7,245 - Online-Interactive
Who Should Attend
Location (On-Campus or Online)
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Learn the advanced problem-solving skills you need to implement the principles, practices and techniques of Six Sigma to maximize performance and cost reductions in your organization. During this three-week practitioner course, you will learn how to measure a process, analyze the results, develop process improvements and quantify the resulting savings. You will be required to complete a project demonstrating mastery of appropriate analytical methods and pass an examination to earn Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate.This practitioner course for Six Sigma implementation provides extensive coverage of the Six Sigma process as well as intensive exposure to the key analytical tools associated with Six Sigma, including project management, team skills, cost analysis, FMEA, basic statistics, inferential statistics, sampling, goodness of fit testing, regression and correlation analysis, reliability, design of experiments, statistical process control, measurement systems analysis and simulation. Computer applications are emphasized.
NOTE: Participants must provide a windows based computer running Microsoft Office® to the seminar.
Course Topics [back to top]
- Introduction to Statistics
- Probability and Probability Distributions
- Chi Square
- Student t
- Confidence and Confidence Intervals
- Standard Deviations
- Tests of Hypothesis
- Standard Deviations
- Design of Experiments
- Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
- Process Capability
- Short Run SPC
- Acceptance Sampling
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Goodness of Fit Testing
- Regression and Correlation
- Six Sigma Philosophy and Structure
- Project Management
- Cost of Quality
- Lean Concepts
Benefits [back to top]
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Analyze process data using comprehensive statistical methods
- Control the process to assure that improvements are used and the benefits verified
- Define an opportunity for improving customer satisfaction
- Implement the recommended improvements
- Improve existing processes by reducing variation
- Measure process characteristics that are critical to quality
Who Should Attend [back to top]
- VPs, COOs, CEOs
- Employees new to a managerial position
- Employees preparing to make the transition to managerial roles
- Current managers wanting to hone leadership skills
- Anyone interested in implementing Lean or Six Sigma in their organization
Program Fees [back to top]
On-Campus Participant: $7,245
Includes continental breakfasts, lunch and all course materials. The fee does not include hotel accommodations or transportation.
Online Participant with Live Session Interactivity: $7,245
Includes attendee access codes for live call-in or chat capabilities during class sessions. Also includes all course and lecture materials available for live stream or download.
Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE): Reduced pricing is available for members of IIE. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Trojan Family: USC alumni, current students, faculty, and staff receive 10% reduced pricing on registration.
Location [back to top]
Two course delivery options are available for participants: on-campus and online with interactivity:
On-Campus Course is held in state-of-the-art facilities on the University of Southern California campus, located in downtown Los Angeles. Participants attending on campus will have the option to commute to the course or stay at one of the many hotels located in the area.
Overview of on-campus option:
- The ability to interact with faculty and peers in person.
- Access to hard copy course materials.
- Ability to logon and view archived course information - up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
- If there is a conflict during any on-campus course dates, on-campus participants can elect to be an online/interactive student with prior authorization from Professional Programs.
- Parking, refreshments and lunch are provided for on-campus participants – unless otherwise specified.
Online (Interactivity) Course delivery is completely online and real-time, enabling interaction with the instructor and fellow participants. Participants have the flexibility of completing the course from a distance utilizing USC's Distance Education Network technology. Students are required to be online for the entirety of each day's session.
Overview of online (interactive):
- Virtually participate in the course live – with the ability to either ask questions or chat questions to the entire class.
- WebEx technologies provide the option to call into the class and view the entire lecture/materials on a personal computer, or to participate on a computer without having to utilize a phone line.
- Ability to logon and view archived course information up to 7 days after the course has been offered. This includes course documents and streaming video of the lectures.
Continuing Education Units [back to top]
CEUs: 10.5 (CEUs provided by request only)
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Participation is awarded to all participants upon successful completion of the course.
The USC Viterbi School of Engineering Certificate of Completion and the Institute of Industrial Engineering certification in Six Sigma Black Belt will be awarded to those participants that pass the assessment on the final day of the course.
Registration Information [back to top]
ISE 0115-01 (January - April, 2015): Six Sigma Black Belt Registration Form