FUNDING FOR ON-CAMPUS STUDENTS
Update: May 2, 2014. Please note that all scholarship decisions have now been issued. If you have been awarded a scholarship you will have been notified between March and April 2014 via email.
Dean's Master's Scholarships
- Award Amount: Varies, awarded on basis of overall academic performance
- Eligibility: Domestic and international on-campus Master's students
- How to Apply: Submit the online Graduate Application for Admission and your official, sealed transcripts by December 15*
*All other supplemental materials required for the program(s) to which you are applying, such as GRE and TOEFL scores, must be submitted by the application deadline of January 15
Chevron-USC Partnership Fellowships
Supporting the USC Viterbi School of Engineering’s vision and commitment to creating sustainable energy supply systems, energy company Chevron is awarding competitive fellowships to outstanding incoming Master’s students.
- Award Amount: $30,000 fellowships and continual contact with Chevron executives, with opportunities for future internships and employment.
- Eligibility: Master's students who wish to pursue energy-related fields of engineering. Only citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. and its territories are eligible to apply.
- How to Apply: Submit the online Graduate Application for Admission and your official, sealed transcripts by December 15**
**All other supplemental materials required for the program(s) to which you are applying, such as GRE and TOEFL scores, must be submitted by the application deadline of January 15
FUNDING FOR DEN@VITERBI STUDENTS
The DEN@Viterbi Fellowship assists with USC Tuition and Fees for those master’s students who are working full-time and are not entirely funded by their employer. Candidates need to fully or partially support themselves financially for their DEN@Viterbi program. Up to ten partial fellowships, providing 3 units of tuition per student, will be awarded to outstanding working professionals. This one-time fellowship must be utilized during the awarded academic year. Awardees are not eligible for future funding through this opportunity.
Please see the DEN@Viterbi Fellowship Application for more information. Application and required materials must be submitted by December 5, 2014.
25% Tuition Assistance for Chevron Employees
Academically qualified Chevron employees may earn 25% tuition assistance at USC when pursuing a master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering - Smart Oilfield Technologies (SOFT certificate included), Petroleum Engineering – Geoscience Technologies, or Petroleum Engineering. *25% of tuition only (does not cover books).
If pursuing a master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering (SOFT certificate included), 25% of the tuition will be covered by the Petroleum Engineering Department and 75% covered by Chevron. Please be sure to review the flyer below and submit your application to be considered as awards are limited.
More information: 25% Tuition Assistance for Chevron Employees Flyer
Viterbi Squared Program (only DEN@Viterbi alumni eligible)
Alumni of Viterbi Master’s programs earned via DEN@Viterbi who return to complete a second Master’s degree are eligible for this program which enables them to:
- Waive the Graduate Application Fee
- Waive the GRE requirement (we will use your previous scores)
- Transfer one applicable course from your previous USC Master’s degree
- By maintaining a 3.0 GPA throughout the program, students will be eligible for the Dean’s Alumni Fellowship of 3 units to be awarded their final semester
Please complete the Viterbi Squared Interest Form before submitting your application for admission or applying for Limited student status.